How to Adopt
Please read the following procedures carefully. Following these steps will enable us to match you with your new canine family member as quickly as possible.
Thank you for your interest in these noble German Shepherd Dogs. We look forward to meeting with you soon.
- REVIEW OUR PET LIST - Click Here for Our Pet List
- CONTACT SASRA by online here or by Phone at 215-542-2716 to receive an Adoption Application or Click here to download our Application. We provide Applications by E-mail or USPS Mail, however, all Applications must be returned by USPS Mail ONLY. We do NOT accept E-mailed applications.
- COMPLETE AND RETURN THE APPLICATION according to the instructions provided. All Applications are processed in the order in which they are received through USPS Mail. We do NOT accept E-mailed applications.
- You MUST MAIL your COMPLETED APPLICATION WITH ORIGINAL SIGNATURES of all adults in the household to SASRA with the $10 Application Fee to the address indicated on the Application. This application fee is applied toward your Adoption Fee.
- Upon receipt of your Application, SASRA WILL PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION AND CONTACT YOU WHEN IT IS APPROVED. NOTE: SASRA reserves the right to reject an applicant at any time prior to completion of the Adoption Contract. Final approval does not take place until your personal interview at the time you see a particular dog being considered for adoption into your family.
- Upon preliminary approval of your Application, WE WILL REVIEW THE AVAILABLE DOGS WITH YOU and provide you with the information you need to meet the dogs you are considering bringing into your home.
- All volunteers who show dogs are able to COMPLETE THE ADOPTION at the time of your visit, when appropriate. Our Adoption Fee is $260.00. All of our dogs come spayed/neutered (if age permits), current on shots and heartworm tested. They are fully evaluated by our volunteers so we are better able to match you with the right dog for your household.